If you would like to contact us for any reason, please email us at [email protected] and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
What information do we collect from you?
Stuarts Events collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our sites or when you send us information or communications. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, e-mail address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to, or could be linked to, any of the foregoing data. At Stuarts Events we need to process personal data so that we can run our business successfully and efficiently and provide our customers with the best possible service. To fulfil our role and to run our business we need to enter into a contract with our customers and for this reason and according to the rules of the GDPR we have decided that the most appropriate lawful basis for processing data is ‘Contractual’. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data. Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below –
How we collect Personal Data
Contact Information (for example an email address)
You might provide us with your contact information, whether through use of our services, a form on our website, an interaction with our team in the office or a response to one of our Newsletters, Feedback Forms, Surveys or Voting Requests. If you, as a visitor to Stuarts Events, elect to register or make an enquiry through our website we will collect your first and last names, phone number and email address.
We collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our websites and services. This includes which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, what language preference you have, and so on.
If you make a payment to Stuarts Events, we require you to provide your billing details, a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number).
Should you choose to sign in or interact with using any of our social media platforms, we will collect personal data relevant to that platform for example your username, handle or your profile picture and any information that you have chosen to make public on our social media accounts.
We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily when, for instance, you make a purchase, respond to surveys and questionnaires, or perhaps enter a competition. In order to improve our services to you, we may ask you to voluntarily complete confidential surveys. If you provide us with feedback regarding our services via e-mail or a feedback form we will collect your data and may keep this stored securely within our office for periodical review. If you do not wish to participate in a survey, however, please do decline to participate when asked.
How will we use the information we collect?
Stuarts Events uses your Personal Data to provide you with a customised experience and to provide our services to you and your event. Such services include the preparations leading up to and including your event and the communications that these preparations require. Generally the communication will be via email, phone or direct contact. We may also send you electronic newsletters. We also use Personal Data for customer service messages, and to notify you about any updates to our services or events and to respond to your requests.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to perform statistical analyses of our customers so that we may look at trends and behaviours and this in turn helps us to plan and prepare for the future of the business.
Do we share your Personal Data with other companies?
If you send a testimonial or comment to us, or post it on another platform or site, we may post it on to our site or use it in our advertising and social media materials. We will attribute your testimonial to you by posting your name next to your comment on our site or advertising materials, if provided.
Keeping your data up to date, changing your mind and opting out
Should you decide to stop receiving further communications from us, you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive.
If you are contacting us by email please be sure to include your full name and address in your opt-out request in order to allow us to process your request for any changes to your preferences.
Note that we may retain changed or deleted information in our archives, but we will not keep it longer than is necessary.
Social media, social commerce and other third parties
We work with trusted third parties, including social network sites like Instagram and we may use application developers who specialise in social media so we can connect to your social networks. All of these companies operate Third Party Sites. We may provide access to our Sites by third parties, event-related suppliers and business partners so we can generate interest in our products and services among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product and service interests with friends in your network. We cannot control how your data is collected, stored, used or shared by Third Party Sites or to whom it is disclosed. Please be sure to review the privacy policies and privacy settings on your social networking sites to make sure you understand the information they are sharing. If you do not want a Third Party Site to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. Stuarts Events is not responsible for how these third parties may use information collected from or about you.
Where is your information processed and Personal Data stored?
Stuarts Events is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
Even though Stuarts Events has taken significant steps to ensure that your Personal Data is not intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorised persons, you should know that Stuarts Events cannot eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data.
Our business can be accessed globally via our website, email address and modern day technology so your Personal Data may be processed both in and outside of your own country. When you submit your details and in whichever country you are situated you agree to the data being transferred to the UK and processed under the terms of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 which stem from European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC respectively. If you are not in agreement please do not give us your personal details.
Services Stuarts Events may use
Stuarts Events often uses Google analytics to track how you are using our website and looks at your browsing behaviour, journey and device or browser used. No personally identifiable information is collected via Google analytics. This information is used to help improve the experience for the users.
These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our services.
1. The information provided by you to us during your use of the services, or otherwise when using the website will be held by us on our servers and computers and used by us to review, develop and improve the website and on-line services and to enable us to provide you with relevant information as requested by you and also information concerning our marketing programmes.
2. We may inform you from time to time about new features and services which we believe may be of interest to you. Should you not wish to receive such information from an affiliated third party you may so elect by indicating on the enquiry reply form or otherwise when using the website your desire not to receive such additional information.
3. We will not sell your personal information. However, we may disclose information or data which is provided by you on the enquiry reply form or otherwise when using the website to other companies or organisations, carefully selected by us, who may send information to you from time to time. If you do not want your information or data to be used or disclosed in this way, you may so elect by indicating on the enquiry reply form or otherwise when using the website your desire not to receive such additional information.
4. Due to the nature of the Internet, the information and data provided by you may be transferred outside the country where it is submitted to us. If you are submitting such information or data from a country within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) it is possible that it will be transferred outside the EEA.
5. We will not hold such information or data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy statement.
6. The website may include hyperlinks to other websites. Your use of such hyperlinks is subject to this policy statement. If you use the hyperlinks then you will be leaving the website. Your access and use of other websites will not be governed by this policy statement and it is your responsibility to check the other websites and the privacy policies that may govern those sites to ascertain how your information and data will be treated if you access and use them.
7. You have the right to request access to and/or the correction or deletion of any personal information about you held by us.
9. By accepting this policy statement you consent to the use (including processing and storage), transfer and disclosure of your information and data referred to in this policy statement for the purposes set out in this policy statement.